Bug jail / bug hunt weeks?

A poll would be great to get a partial snapshot of user experience - even if it’s just us chickens participating.

1 Like

sure, I will schedule an internal poll in the first half of February, I want the next public release to happen before that :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about this.

We have Bamboo with a list of devices per person. If we pull that and merge with a manually populated list of devices from people (I have Android 9, iphone SE, iphone 6s+) we have a master list of devices. Make groups / teams in GH and ping them when an issue needs to be reproed, especially if simple like mine with the crash post sleep. I’m 100% sure you’ll get at least 30% of the pinged people to try it out which would help the issue immensely.

I know we have QA but that’s hardly enough at this scale and we all use Status so why not use everyone. We’re in the rare position of having contact information of a core and engaged userbase, let’s use it.

It’s a good idea for the issues that aren’t easily reproducible for devs/QA.

especially if simple like mine with the crash post sleep

about that, I actually asked for your help to verify this issue is fixed here: https://github.com/status-im/status-react/pull/7334#issuecomment-457239672 :wink:

I think we used to have this master list somewhere in a Google Sheet, @anna should know about that. I wasn’t probably update to the all core contributors devices.

I usually keep track of all issues, I’m not sure how I missed this. I think it’s because the bot’s updates are also sent out as issue updates, and since my email inbox uses nested emails, it only showed me the latest email (bot update) and not my mention :grimacing: I’ll make a new filter for mentions in particular. Giving you feedback asap.

1 Like

If there is a second list of devices, feel free to send it my way and I can add them into BambooHR so we have a single source of truth. Cheers!