I wanted to share an update on our 2023 hiring plans, and how you can help support our growth this year! Firstly, I wanted to share what we’ve been up to recently:
What have we been up to?
- Towards the end of last year, the Finance team kick-started the process by asking Program Leads for their 2023 budget plans (including any incremental hires that they wanted to make).
- Having collated that info the Finance, PPG and People teams have been reviewing the asks and confirming the justifications for hiring as well as likely cost of bringing on board those new hires.
- We then reviewed these requests with Carl & Jarrad and asked them to help us prioritize hiring across the year.
- We’ll be prioritizing hires that will help us deliver the 2023 strategy that Jarrad outlined recently on our call.
- Based on these inputs, we’ve been allocating roles across the Talent team and working on a phasing plan for our hiring (i.e. which hires are going to land in which month).
How much hiring will we be doing?
We’re still working on exact numbers, but the short version is that we’re going to have a very busy hiring year. You can see a list of the roles that we’re actively recruiting for at https://jobs.status.im/ (expect this list to grow over the coming weeks as we post more roles).
How can I help?
As always, there are numerous ways for you to get involved in hiring:
- Refer great candidates to us. Have you worked directly with someone you think could be a great fit? Let the Talent team know. Via this email/link: [email protected]
- Spread the word. Share our job page/links to qualified candidates, on your social media, via LinkedIn, or anywhere you think great candidates will be hanging out.
- Point us in the right direction? Is there an organization, event, discord or group that you think would be a great hunting ground for us? Let the Talent team know and we can headhunt from that group.
- Interview candidates for your team. Please volunteer for interviews, give a great account of life working with us, provide timely and detailed interview feedback and do your best to ensure every applicant gets a great experience and a quick decision.
- Keep the hiring bar high. As always, it’s really important that we hire qualified contributors that are passionate about our mission and values. We need people who believe in what we’re doing, and people who will succeed here.
What happens next?
The talent team have already started to reach out to hiring leads and post the highest priority roles online. We’re also hiring an additional recruiter to help support our growth this year.
If you have any questions, please ping me or a member of the Talent team.