Apple Blocking Status App

I began experiencing problems with the latest update that I have not yet resolved. In my efforts this morning I deleted the Status app from my iphone and went to reinstall. I could not find the app in the store, so I went to the Status.im website and clicked the Apple store link. I got the response that this app is not available in the U.S… So I attempted the same from my laptop and got the same response. This is very disturbing.
Anyone else having this issue?

As to my problem, let me explain.
I have been using the xDai chain to explore some defi options with the low gas fees there. After the update my wallet will not connect. I tried from my android phone got the same result. Since I deleted the app from my iphone I had to go to my android for the rest of my trouble shooting.
I tried to switch back to the eth chain, but now I get error messages (429).
As a side note, this morning before deleting the app from my iphone I tried to check to see if I qualified for the ENS airdrop. It said I did not, but I noticed that it was saying I was not connected to the Ethereum network when I was. Same issue I had with the xDai connection. What I can’t figure out is how that is true on both my iphone and android?? I tried downloading the latest version of the windows desktop app and I can’t login. It says there are no keys associated with my account.
I’m started to think something malicious is going on here.
Finally, I tried to export my wallet, but I need my private keys. Those are on the keycard. How am I supposed to extract my private keys to another wallet?
Befuddled

I tried to export my wallet, but I need my private keys. Those are on the keycard. How am I supposed to extract my private keys to another wallet?

You cannot export keys from a keycard. The whole point of keycard, as other hardware wallets, is that keys can never leave the device. Instead, keycard itself signs the transactions when you provide the correct pinnumber.

If you haven’t written down your seedphrase anywhere, you need to move your funds out to a new wallet (remember to write down your seedphrase this time), send first the ERC20s, and at least the ETH (because to send ERC20s you need ETH to pay for the gas).

That’s a bit of a weakness if there are no other parties using the keycard, which there are apparently none. I do have my seedphrase, but using that to import a wallet to metamask comes with consequences, and since the wallet connection is broken on xDai it appears my money is stranded in smart contracts there.

That’s a bit of a weakness if there are no other parties using the keycard

I disagree that this is a weakness. The seedphrase must be written in a safe place by the owner, this is valid for any hardware wallet. If you have a hardware wallet and don’t know the seedphrase, you are in risk of loosing your funds, as any device is subject to hardware failure.

I agree that is bad that keycard is not integrated with other wallets, you should ask your other favorite wallet to support it. The API of keycard is documented and opensource, it’s not hard to support it.

using that to import a wallet to metamask comes with consequences

I see your point. Metamask and Status are not the only wallet providers. You can find others here Ethereum wallets | ethereum.org