Best channel for support / questions

Hi,

I just tried to get status im on my phone as the version I have is an expired Beta.
Looking at test flight I can’t see Status.
On the status.im website clicking ‘get status for iphone’ on the home page takes me to a test flight page which says: ‘To join the Status - Ethereum. Anywhere. beta, tap the link on your iPhone or iPad after you install TestFlight.’
I guess I’ve fallen down a crack where test flight knows I’ve received an invite in the past, but I no longer have that email. How do I request a new testflight invite code to redeem?

This question led me to look around for a support / contact email on the website and I realised I couldn’t find one. Is that intentional? I think it could be a good idea for onboarding / new users. Or is it expected to ask support questions in discord? If so I think it could be useful to have an FAQ which instructs users to create a topic with their question.

Thanks, Sam.

Hey Sam! Thanks for taking another look at Status.

Here are the instructions to install Status on your iOS device:

Installing a Beta iOS App from a Public Link

1. Install TestFlight on the iOS device that you’ll use for testing.
  2. Tap on the public link on your iOS device.
  3. Tap View in TestFlight or Start Testing; or tap Accept, Install, or Update for the app you want to test.

I suspect you might have opened the TF link on a desktop, but to install you will need to open the TF link on an iOS device.

As for support, we encourage everyone to join the #status channel and engage with the community. There is also a FAQ linked in the app from Profile, Need Help, FAQ.

Hey,

Thanks for replying.
You’re right, I wasn’t opening it on my device. #facepalm
All good now :smile:

Thanks, Sam.

1 Like