Colors in chats

Idea name: Colors in chats
Description: Set a default color to be displayed in a contact’s specific chat.
Use case: As a user, I want to be able to define different colors to be displayed in chats so that I can personalize my experience.
Target user: Users who want to add more personality to their chats.
Why this is important: Currently all chats have only one standard color (blue) to be displayed in the chat; be able to give greater control of personalization and individualization in the messaging experience.
Any other comments:

If you think this is a great idea and know how to implement it, consider posting a project proposal on Assemble.

It should be relatively straight-forward to expose the style/theme support to the user to manually customize the look and feel of the application, would this be what you are looking for?

2 Likes

Yes, it is exactly similar to what we found in Signal, for example.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks for the feature request, we can make this happen.

1 Like

Thank you, Jarred! :grin:

Upvoted, @Alice! The option to highlight the messages of contacts also helps users to see them more easily in a potential sea of public messages, making messaging more sticky. I actually suggested this exact feature months ago (though my submission had more detail than what is there); here it is on Trello:

1 Like

I saw that this suggestion is in the plans for the next Status updates. Thank you for considering her!

I would like to take advantage and bring an additional suggestion to the colors: colors in gradient or with some effect.

It is very beautiful the chat bubbles of fb messenger that has this colorful effect.

dims

2 Likes

The new instagram / messenger update brought great “inspirations” to the UX / UI design of the Status chat.

Background image: make available background images predefined by the Status team and / or open an equal “market” of stickers for others to develop your “chat themes”.

Colors: the colors design in the chat I asked for in this request.

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.