Encrypted audio and video calls

Idea name: Encrypted audio and video calls
Description: Video and audio calls are one of the most useful features in a modern messenger. Enables you to communicate in real time with your contacts.
Use case: As a user, I want to communicate with my contacts via video and audio in real time so that I am communicating safely and privately.
Target user: All the people who need and want to communicate in real time with their contacts via video and audio safely.
Why this is important: Zoom and many other applications do not provide us with encryption to communicate in real time with our contacts, putting our privacy and security at risk of third parties intercepting the data.
Any other comments:

If you think this is a great idea and know how to implement it, consider posting a project proposal on Assemble.

Hey Alice, welcome to discuss!
Glad to have you here with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I also want this. I think this should be possible using https://livepeer.org/

2 Likes

Related issue is Audio messages: Audio Messages 🗣️💬 · Issue #10669 · status-im/status-mobile · GitHub

3 Likes

I love this idea and very informative.

1 Like

Great idea! i love the voting aswell.

3 Likes

It is good to have in mind the creation of a P2P structure or other technology to make 1:1 calls and in groups on the mobile and desktop platforms.

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.