How can we fight Spamming on Public Chats?

Hey everyone, there’s been discussions ongoing on #status and other channels on the Status app. We are discussing on what would be the best way to fight spammers and stop them from spamming messages in public chats.

This is important as there are no moderators on public chats, what would be the best way to fight spamming? Please drop your suggestions below in this thread.

Check out this well detailed suggestion on this by Tidus.

2 Likes

I actually opened a thread on this topic recently as well! Status.app

2 Likes

Yepppp, I actually read it just before posting this, will link it in my post, give me a sec.

1 Like

Certain amount of blocks on said badguy onlyby ENS users? that could get him muted or something, lets say a dude spamming relentlessly, and all you need to limit him to some extent or (punishment?) is 30blocks by registered users? blocks towards this action requires “verified” ENS users. Verified users could be Users with ENS and 1-7 days with ENS name

1 Like

This is greatttttttttt

Thanks! I think that the link you added to your post is broken, however. Edit: Thanks for fixing it, @henrystats ! ^^

I actually suggested this idea in the other thread as well. :slight_smile: Here’s the related quote from it:

Fixed now, think i copied from wrong place

1 Like

Matrix proposes reputation feeds that users can subscribe to and select their message visibility level based on them: Matrix.org - Combating abuse in Matrix - without backdoors.

2 Likes