Identify your messages or Read receipts at Status App

Idea name: Message sent and received or Read receipts
Description: Allows a logo or a photos to know if our message is sending, pending, received, read or failed.
Use case: As a user, I want to know If my messsage has been sent properly, failure due to low internet connection/Traffics?, If my message has been delivered 100% and if my friends or the receiver read my message.
Target User: Any user
Why this is important: I believe this is very important to determine your message. all messaging app implemented this but I want to see a unique strategy on how to implement this at Status app.
Any other comments: Maybe a notification that saying your message is not send or failed? a small logo beside in your messages, or something. Also, Status app must be fast and reliable messaging service that works quite well in conditions of poor connectivity.

1 Like

Thanks for logging @kcrypto.whisperer!

I recall from past attempts this definitely requires a unique approach, especially when it comes to whether a message is read. About whether sending a messages has failed, I believe there is a notification based on whether your client could send the message.

The issue, high-level (others would know to explain more detail), is that client you’re sending the message from doesn’t know if the client you’re sending the message to is online. Your message might be received by a mailserver (aka history node), but this says nothing about whether your friend has actually received the message or not

1 Like

Some more context here: https://discuss.status.im/t/wherefore-art-thou-mailserver-treatise-on-waku-terminology/1664/6?u=hester

1 Like