Order Device list by last seen

:zap: Thanks for sharing your idea! Please use this template to keep things organized

Idea name: Order device list by last seen

Description: When syncing devices, we are presented with a list of the available devices seen on the network, but their order seems arbitrary. I propose that we order this device list by how recently it has been seen or used on the network. This gives a few benefits

Use case: As a user, I want to understand which of my devices were used last so that I can keep up to date on which devices I want to sync with, and if something was used outside of my expectations.

Target user: Multi-device (multi-tenant) users, security/privacy advocates

Why this is important: When syncing devices, it is currently difficult to figure out which devices have been used last. We are currently limited to syncing only a few devices together, so a user should be very aware of which devices are used in order to make that decision most accurately.

This feature also allows a user to understand if a device was used outside of their expectation (maybe an old phone was stolen and breached and being used).

Any other comments:

If you think this is a great idea and know how to implement it, consider posting a project proposal on Assemble.

On mobile this should already be implemented, the sorting is not exactly as described, but they are ordered as follow:

1. Your device
  2. Enabled devices
  3. Last seen

So first is always going to be your device, then the enabled devices, ordered by last-seen, last the disabled devices, ordered by last-seen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.