Public chat banner / pinned message

:zap: Thanks for sharing your idea! Please use this template to keep things organized

Idea name: Pin messages to the top of the chat area by using SNT
Description: Pinned messages is an useful functionality for announcements that are relatively simple to implement. We could experiment by adding this functionality on public messages with a contract that could hold either the message, or a IPFS hash with the content of the message. These pinned messages could use a model similar to r/ethtrader banners, by using a harberger tax system, where anyone can purchase the right to have a message pinned, by setting a price and paying daily a tax over the price they bought the pinned message.
SNT is required to pin the message, and the amount can be either be send to projects on assemble.fund or burned (this is choosen by the user pinning the message).
Use case: As a user, I want to pin my messages so that create announcements
Target user: Any user
Why this is important: SNT use case and a nice functionality to have similar to other messaging platforms like Telegram/Discord
Any other comments:

If you think this is a great idea and know how to implement it, consider posting a project proposal on Assemble.

I’m out of votes for the time being :confused: Great idea @rramos!

Good idea.

Similar to https://discuss.status.im/t/visibilty-stake-for-public-chat-room-governance/133

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.