Quick exchange of access keys

Idea name: Quick exchange of access keys
Description: Currently, if you have more than one “access key” in the Local Status, you will need to log out to select your other key and enter your password. The idea here is to make it possible to use more than one access key quickly and simply; move without many clicks from one account to another.
Use case: As a user, I want to be able to quickly and easily change more than one account (access key) so that I can manage my local identities for different purposes.
Target user: All users who need to use more than one local account.
Why this is important: Sometimes we want to separate our private accounts that talk to our friends and family from accounts that we use for professional purposes or as a means of communication with our co-workers.

The problem is that the current way in which Status manages the access keys makes it difficult to quickly exchange and discover notifications coming from the chat.
Any other comments:

If you think this is a great idea and know how to implement it, consider posting a project proposal on Assemble.

If I’m understanding this correctly, this would be equivalent to being authenticated to multiple accounts, akin to something like joining multiple Discord servers. Push notifications would be received for all authenticated chat keys, and engaging with chat notifications would change the current identity to the one for which the push notification was generated as applicable. I hope that I didn’t misinterpret, and I’m all for this feature if it’s considered for implementation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly it. :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.